PRIVACY NOTICE FOR EMPLOYEE CANDIDATES
ON THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
As Develioglu & Dag Law Firm (“D&D”), a number of basic rules have been adopted in order to protect the confidentiality of all personal data of real persons who have applied for a job or internship to D&D by any means or who have forwarded their CV and related information to D&D’s review, in other words, our employee candidates. D&D aims to protect the justified trust of employee candidates by acting in accordance with these basic rules as an employer and data controller. In this context, this privacy notice has been prepared in order to inform you about the Law on the Protection of Personal Data (“DPL”), which outlines the basic rules regarding the protection of your personal data, and to inform you about the processing of your personal data:
1. Processed Personal Data:
If you share with us or if it is necessary, your personal data that may be processed are as follows:
Name, Surname, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Gender, Turkish Identity Number, Nationality, E-Mail Address, Residence Address, Mobile Phone Number, Educational Background and Details, Employment Background and Details, Diploma Information, Foreign Language Knowledge, Computer Usage Knowledge, Position/Title Information, Information on Obstacles to Working in the Applied Position, Other Information Communicated by the Employee Candidate in the CV, Information Learned from the Reference (If the employee candidate has shared reference information), Information Declared by the Candidate During the Interview.
2. Processing Purposes:
Your personal data subject to the above-mentioned processing will be processed for the purposes of;
- planning recruitment activities in human resources processes and
- carrying out employee candidate or trainee candidate interview, selection and placement processes.
3. Legal Grounds and Collection Methods:
The above-mentioned personal data are collected through CVs sent to our office via e-mail and during the interview phase.
As specified in the relevant legislation and Article 5 of the DPL and in order to achieve the above-mentioned purposes, your personal data within this scope are processed by D&D based on the basis of legal grounds provided that;
- It is directly related to the establishment or performance of a contract; it is necessary to process personal data belonging to the parties to the contract
- Data processing is mandatory for the legitimate interests of the data controller, provided that it does not harm the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject
For the reference information in your CV, it is processed on the condition that you give your explicit consent.
4. Data Transfer:
Your personal data, within the framework of the provisions on the transfer of personal data specified in Articles 8 and 9 of DPL, may be;
- transferred to legally competent public institutions and judicial and administrative authorities in cases where the employer fulfils its obligations arising from the legislation and in case of a legal dispute;
- recorded in our software and/or cloud systems provided/made available to us by our infrastructure suppliers in the field of technology.
5. Storage and Destruction of Personal Data:
Pursuant to Article 7/1 of the DPL, your personal data will be processed for the purposes specified in this privacy notice and will be deleted, destroyed, or anonymized in accordance with the relevant legislation when such purposes cease to exist and/or when requested by you.
6. Your Rights under Article 11 of the DPL:
Regarding your personal data within the scope of DPL and related legislation, you have the right to;
- learn whether your personal data is processed or not,
- request information regarding your personal data, if processed,
- learn the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used for their intended purpose,
- know the third parties to whom your personal data are transferred,
- request correction of your personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing,
- request the deletion or destruction of your personal data within the framework of the conditions stipulated in DPL legislation,
- request notification to third parties to whom we transfer your personal data, when you request the correction of incomplete or inaccurate data and the deletion or destruction of your personal data,
- object to the occurrence of a result to the detriment of the person himself/herself by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems
- request the compensation of damage in case you suffer damage due to the processing of personal data in violation of DPL.
7. Exercise of Rights and Periods:
When you want to exercise your rights, you can send your applications and requests regarding your personal data to
- email@example.com with wet signature and information sufficient to verify your identity
- D&D address with wet signature and information sufficient to verify your identity
- D&D in person with a valid identity document
In order for your application to be evaluated, it must meet the conditions in the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to the Data Controller.
Our employee candidates are required to clearly and understandably state the requested issue in the application to be made in order to use the rights mentioned above and containing explanations regarding the right they request to use. Information and documents related to the application must be attached to the application. The subject of the request must be related to you personally, but if you are acting on behalf of someone else, you must be specially authorized and this authorization must be documented (special power of attorney). The application must include identity and address information and identity verification documents must be attached to the application. Requests made by unauthorized third parties on behalf of someone else will not be evaluated.
Your requests regarding your personal data are evaluated and answered within 30 days at the latest from the date of receipt by D&D. In the event that your application is rejected, the reasons for the rejection will be sent to you by e-mail or post to the address you specified in the application, or, if possible, through the procedure by which the request was made.
Develioglu & Dag Law Firm
Nişantaşı, Vali Konağı Cad. No:77 Kat:6, 34371 Şişli, İstanbul